Large-diameter Kovar wire, sold by the foot and cut to length.
This precision nickel/iron/cobalt alloy has thermal expansion
characteristics matching those of hard glasses (such as borosilicate glass)
Kovar is used in the manufacture of vacuum tube feedthroughs, scientific
apparatus and hermetically sealed semiconductor packages.
We can provide wire in custom lengths, or as prepared, pre-fused
and cleaned borosilicate glass beads. We can also manufacture custom
Kovar feedthroughs (please inquire).
- Material: Kovar / Rodar
- Diameter: .039" ±.0005 (1.00mm ±.01)
- Length: 1' (30.5cm) min.
- Coefficient Of Thermal Expansion (30-400°C): 4.6 - 5.2 cm/cm/°C x 10-6
- Coefficient Of Thermal Expansion (30-450°C): 5.1 - 5.5 cm/cm/°C x 10-6
- Melting Point: 2642°F (1450°C)
- Resistivity: 0.49 microhm-m
- Density: 8.36 g/cm3
- Chemical Composition:
- Meets: ASTM F-15
- COO: United States