Rod of hard fiber (also known as vulcanized fiber). Hard fiber is made from cotton
fabric which is chemically treated to yield a dense, bone-like substance with
excellent tensile strength and good electrical insulation properties.
Hard fiber is also available in electrical-grade sheets ("fishpaper"), and tube
shapes. We can supply rods or tubes in custom sizes (please inquire).
- Material: Regular-Grade Hard Fiber
- Diameter: .250" ±.005 (6.35mm ±.13)
- Length: 12" (30cm) min.
- Net Weight: 13.0g ±.2
- Hardness: Rockwell R70-R80
- Color: Light Gray
- Temperature Rating: 32°F to 239°F
- Meets: MIL-F-1148A, MIL-F-10336A, UL 94HB