One 12" length of soda-lime glass tubing with fire-polished ends.
We can also provide glass tubing in arbitrary lengths, as well as custom soda-lime or
borosilicate glass items (please inquire).
Tubes are guaranteed to fuse reliably (without leaving stresses after annealing) with the other soda-lime glass tubing we carry. Our Dumet wire also provides a reliable glass-to-metal seal against this glass.
Tubes are packaged individually with bubble wrap to prevent
We will combine shipping for multiple lengths and diameters
in the most secure and economical way.
- Material: Soda-Lime Glass (Schott AR-Glas®; Hydrolitic Class 3)
- Outside Diameter: 18mm ±.23
- Wall Thickness: 1.5mm ±.05
- Length: 12" ±.1 (304.8mm ±2.5)
- Net Weight: 72.0g ±.5
- Ends: Fire-Polished
- Max. Straightness Error: .8mm / 1000mm
- Max. Longitudinal Stress: 4.5MPa
- Coefficient of Thermal Expansion: 9.1 · 10-6K-1
- Transformation Temperature: 525°C
- Annealing Point: 530°C
- Softening Point: 720°C
- Working Point: 1,040°C
- Chemical Composition:
ISO 719 (Hydrolitic Glass),
DIN 12 116 (Acid glass) and
ISO 695 (Alkali Glass) for chemical resistance
This product was added to our catalog on Monday 17 October, 2011.